Why is Dark Chocolate Healthy?
Chocolate is made from plants, which means it contains many of the health benefits of dark vegetables. These benefits are from Flavournoids, which act as antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body from aging caused by free radicals, which can cause damage that leads to heart disease. Dark chocolate contains a large number of antioxidants (nearly 8 times the number found in strawberries). Flavournoids also help relax blood pressure through the production of nitric oxide as well as balance certain hormones in the body.
Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- Dark chocolate is good for your heart
- Studies show that a small bar everyday can help keep your heart, cardiovascular system and reduce blood pressure
- Dark chocolate reduces LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) by up to 10%
- It tastes good
- It stimulates endorphin production and positive feelings
- It contains serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant
- It contains theobromine, caffeine and other substances which are stimulants
- Oleic Acid is a healthy monounsaturated fat that is also found in olive oil
- Dark chocolate has far more antioxidants than milk or white chocolate
- Dark Chocolate contains NO diary, egg, gluten or nuts which makes it suitable for food allergy sufferers
Need a chocolate fix?